KOMPAS – Comprehensive model of healthcare service analysis – Health Needs Maps – System Analysis Database
Scope of the Project
Objective of the Project
The main objective of the project is to prepare a forecast of the demand for healthcare services in the field of diagnostics and treatment of selected (oncological and cardiological) diseases, as well as to determine the organisation of the healthcare service provision, which will enable effective securing of the society’s health needs.
Benefits resulting from the Project implementation
The KOMPAS project will enable:
- identification of the Polish society’s health needs through the analysis of actual diagnostic and therapeutic pathways (based on NHF’s retrospective data);
- identification of the necessary volume and type of healthcare services responding to the forecasted demand in the 2020-2028-time horizon;
- development of a project concerning the organisation of securing oncological needs (within the scope of selected disease units) by:
– analysing the territorial structure of healthcare providers,
– analysing the structure of the medical personnel providing selected healthcare services,
– examining patients’ preferences concerning the organisation of cancer care.
Project completion date – September 2020.
Description of the Project
Part 1 – Health situation and population forecast for the years 2020-2028 for selected oncological and cardiological diseases.
Scope of the study:
Determination of the incidence and prevalence of selected oncological and cardiological diseases, through:
- literature review (prevalence modelling methods, identification of risk factors for selected diseases, epidemiological data and results of epidemiological studies on selected diseases);
- consultations and expert workshops on modelling incidence and prevalence in selected oncological and cardiological diseases;
- modelling the forecast of incidence and prevalence in selected oncological and cardiological diseases;
- estimation of burden of disease indicators (including DALY and their components: years of life lost (YLL) and years of life with disability (YLD).
Selected diseases: (1) oncological: colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, (2) cardiological: atrial fibrillation, stroke.
Part II – The necessary volume and type of healthcare services corresponding to the epidemiological and demographic factors in the field of selected oncological diseases for the years 2020-2028.
Scope of the study:
The study includes the following elements:
- database completion (KRN [National Cancer Registry], GUS [Statistics Poland], NZP: SMPT [IT System for Therapuetic Programme Monitoring], SIMP [IT System for Prevention Monitoring], etc.);
- review of the literature regarding the most effective secondary prevention models, quantitative methods for estimating the volume and type of healthcare services;
- definition of reference diagnostic and therapeutic pathways based on current clinical guidelines;
- analysis of data describing the actual diagnostic and therapeutic patient pathways in relation to current diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations;
- determination of the volume and type of healthcare services (supply parameters) including an epidemiological-demographic forecast for 2019-2028 (supply parameters will be determined taking into account 3 pre-defined scenarios);
- determination of the necessary structure of the medical personnel providing selected oncological services and the territorial structure of healthcare providers (the structure will be determined taking into account 3 pre-defined scenarios).
Part III – Patients’ preferences concerning health protection in terms of selected oncological diseases.
Scope of the study:
The survey of patients’ preferences includes:
- preparation of the survey plan (objectives, definition of the subject of the survey, survey population, survey sample, research methods);
- literature review regarding assessment of healthcare needs, methods of researching patients’ preferences concerning healthcare, the attributes and levels used to describe the subject of the survey;
- consultations and expert workshops on methods of public opinion surveys concerning healthcare organisation;
- preparation of research tools;
- implementation of the survey;
- development of results, conclusions and recommendations for the preferred healthcare organisation.
*Ladies and Gentlemen
We inform you that the materials and results of the discussions posted on the Agency’s website are the result of the conceptual work and analytical process carried out by the team of the Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Tariff System based on the EBM paradigm, including: search, selection, synthesis and interpretation of scientific evidence, or the data analysis carried out .
In connection with the above, we would like to inform you that the use of analytical material or the results of the discussion, in accordance with good practice, should be accompanied by information on the source in the form: [title of presentation / report], AOTMiT, Warsaw, June 2021]