The AOTMIT cooperated with the Supreme Medical Chamber, to translate the ADAPTE Manual and Toolkit into Polish. The document is available at biblioteka G-I-N (G-I-N library):
The ADAPTE Manual and Toolkit include a description of the methodology and toolkit supporting the adaptation of clinical practice guidelines as one of the methods of developing diagnostic and therapeutic pathway recommendations:
- they ensure a systematic approach to the application or modification of existing guidelines developed in one cultural and organisational context for use in another;
- they enable adaptation of documents to specific needs, priorities, legislation, policies and conditions;
- they are addressed to the needs of different user groups (i.a. authors of guidelines, healthcare providers and decision-makers at the local and national level) interested in developing or implementing guidelines.
The whole process has been designed to ensure:
- possibility of adapting to specific resources and the target context;
- improvement of the quality and relevance of the adapted guidelines.