One of AOTMiT’s statutory tasks is the assessment of medicines. Its aim is to provide healthcare decision makers with independent, synthetic information on, among others, the health and economic aspects of using the assessed health technologies.
Medicines are assessed in the Agency in several different modes initiated by the Minister of Health, including the following:
- Application for reimbursement and setting of the ex-factory price;
- Application to increase the ex-factory price of a medicine;
- Application to reduce the ex-factory price of a medicine;
- Application to reduce the duration of a reimbursement decision;
- Emergency access to medicines (RDTL);
- Import for individual needs;
- Off-label use.
The assessments are carried out in line with health technology assessment guidelines.
*Ladies and Gentlemen
We inform you that the materials and results of the discussions posted on the Agency’s website are the result of the conceptual work and analytical process carried out by the team of the Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Tariff System based on the EBM paradigm, including: search, selection, synthesis and interpretation of scientific evidence, or the data analysis carried out .
In connection with the above, we would like to inform you that the use of analytical material or the results of the discussion, in accordance with good practice, should be accompanied by information on the source in the form: [title of presentation / report], AOTMiT, Warsaw, June 2021]