One of AOTMiT’s statutory tasks is the assessment of medicines. Its aim is to provide healthcare decision makers with independent, synthetic information on, among others, the health and economic aspects of using the assessed health technologies.
Medicines are assessed in the Agency in several different modes initiated by the Minister of Health, including the following:
- Application for reimbursement and setting of the ex-factory price;
- Application to increase the ex-factory price of a medicine;
- Application to reduce the ex-factory price of a medicine;
- Application to reduce the duration of a reimbursement decision;
- Emergency access to medicines (RDTL);
- Import for individual needs;
- Off-label use.
The assessments are carried out in line with health technology assessment guidelines.